An organization’s mission and programs must align with one of the airline’s three philanthropic focuses in arts, education and human and reside within the geographic parameters of the funding boundaries.
Grants are awarded for:
- Formal, multi-year capital campaigns for hard costs related to new building construction or major renovation/expansion of an existing facility.
- Grants awarded will not exceed $250,000, or 5% of the total campaign budget, whichever is greater.
- US Airways Community Foundation will consider funding campaigns after 50% or more of the total campaign budget is committed.
- US Airways Community Foundation will consider funding campaigns with a diversity of other funding partners including corporate, government, private/public foundation and individual support.
- US Airways will not consider requests in which the US Airways Community Foundation is the lead corporate gift.
- Major capital expenditure for a one-time, mission critical project or purchase. For example, major roof repair or purchase of required vehicle.
- Grants awarded will not to exceed $100,000
- US Airways Community Foundation will be the sole funder of the project/expenditure.
- Animal shelters or agencies
- Auxiliary, fraternal organizations, associations or service clubs (e.g. Junior League, Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis)*
- Business, political or labor associations or clubs (e.g. Executive Women International, Laborers' Local 777, Association of Mortgage Brokers)
- Festivals, fairs or annual community events
- Health organizations who primarily support a specific disease or illness
- Hospitals and health/medical centers*
- National nonprofit organizations
- Organizations funded 50% or more by government sources including all grants, contracts and fee for service programs
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status
- Organizations that primarily provide advocacy for issue related topics*
- Organizations whose primary mission is funding medical or scientific research*
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to provide scholarships or school stipends for individuals
- Preforming Arts centers or facilities*
- Professional society, trade association or membership organization (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Travel Industry Association)
- Recreational centers, programs and camps
- Religious organizations, churches and programs that are purely denominational in purpose*
- Schools including public, private, charter, pre-K, or universities and their support organizations* (i.e. Boosters, PTA/PTO’s, museums, athletic teams, clubs, bands, performing arts groups, alumni associations or reunions)
- Sports teams or sporting programs
- Start-up organizations as defined as a nonprofit organization whose ruling year has been granted by the IRS for less than three yearst
Funding is not provided for:
- Debt reduction campaigns
- General operating support
- Staff and/or consultant fees
- One more than one Community Foundation grant per organization in any five-year period
Terms & Conditions
*As defined by the IRS 501 (C) 3 NTEE Code