What does the merger with American Airlines mean to Dividend Miles members?
For now, we'll continue to maintain our separate programs – Dividend Miles and AAdvantage® – but with added perks for each other's members. Rest assured, your mileage balance and elite status are safe, secure and will continue to be honored.
We are now part of oneworld®, an award-winning global alliance that can take you to nearly 1,000 destinations around the world. As a Dividend Miles member, you can now enjoy additional mileage earning and redemption opportunities, reciprocal elite benefits and lounge access on oneworld carriers.
You can continue to book your flight and manage your Dividend Miles account on usairways.com.
Earning and redeeming miles on American
You can earn Dividend Miles on American flights. Plus, earn Preferred-qualifying miles and segments on eligible American flights, which will count toward elite status in the Dividend Miles program.
How to earn
- Be sure to include your Dividend Miles number in your reservation when you book.
- Just like when you travel on US Airways, all purchased, published fare tickets on American earn 100% base miles.
- You can add your Dividend Miles number to any existing reservations with American for travel on or after January 7, 2014 at aa.com or at the airport.
- Until we integrate our loyalty programs, elite qualifying miles and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to qualify for elite status.
How to redeem
- Check the oneworld award chart to see how many miles you need to reach your desired destination.
- Book award travel on American with your Dividend Miles on usairways.com or call 800-428-4322.
- Miles cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to redeem flight awards.
How to receive credit for past flights on American
You can request credit for American Airlines flights you took on or after January 7, 2014. All requests must be made within 6 months of the date you completed travel.
- To make a request, log in to your Dividend Miles account and click 'request missing miles.'
- Wait at least 14 days after travel on American before you request missing miles.
- You can also call the Dividend Miles Service Center at 800-428-4322 to request miles.
Say hello to oneworld
We’ve joined the oneworld® alliance, so you can enjoy additional mileage earning and redemption opportunities, reciprocal elite benefits and lounge access on oneworld carriers.
Now that we’re officially a oneworld member, here are a few important things to keep in mind for upcoming travel:
- We no longer offer codeshare flights for sale with United Airlines. After our exit from Star Alliance on March 30, 2014, we will no longer offer codeshare flights for sale with All Nippon, Asiana Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS. Any existing reservations are safe, but you will not earn miles for flights after March 30, 2014 when traveling on these carriers.
- We plan to continue relationships with the following airlines, which means you'll be able to earn and redeem miles on these select partners even after we've exited Star Alliance: Aegean Airlines, Air China, Air New Zealand, Avianca, EVA Air, Hawaiian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, TACA, TAM Airlines, TAP Portugal and Turkish Airlines.
- If you are a Dividend Miles Preferred member traveling, make sure to carry your Dividend Miles Preferred card with you to ensure you are recognized as a oneworld Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald member.
The oneworld alliance is an alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience across almost 1,000 destinations worldwide. You can now enjoy benefits of the oneworld alliance, including:
- Seamless service to nearly 1,000 destinations in more than 150 countries
- Earning and redeeming miles for travel on any oneworld member airline
- An easy and rewarding travel experience to Europe with coordinated schedules on more than 100 daily roundtrip flights between North America and Europe and more service between New York and London than any other airline partnership
- Convenient choices for travel from North America to the Middle East on oneworld member airline Qatar, the only major Gulf carrier to be part of an airline alliance
- Access to nearly 600 airport lounges worldwide when flying First or Business Class on any oneworld member airline, or if you are a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire member
- Reciprocal elite benefits including priority check-in, preferred or pre-reserved seats and more. Benefits can vary by operating carrier.
Plus, we've joined American in an enhanced relationship with oneworld members British Airways, Finnair and Iberia. Together, we offer you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond, including:
- Access to an enhanced network of more than 50 destinations in 15 countries
- Convenient itineraries through coordinated schedules with nearly 100 routes between North America and Europe
- More opportunities to earn and redeem Dividend Miles while you explore the world
- Access to airport lounges throughout the globe for eligible customers