Packing your bags and carry ons
Take a few minutes to learn about what to expect at the airport. Learn about checked baggage fees and excess, oversize and overweight baggage.
Electronic cigarettes are not allowed in checked baggage.
You may bring electronic cigarettes in your carry-on bags only. Smoking is never allowed onboard any flight.
Important carry-on info
- The FAA allows one piece of luggage and one personal item (like a purse or briefcase) per person. All carry-on bags must fit under the seat in front of you or overhead.
- Don't put batteries, medicines, keys or important documents in your checked bags. Keep them with you in your carry-on bag.
- Pack your 3.4 oz. (100ml) containers in a single, clear, one-quart zip-top plastic bag. Empty containers (that could contain liquids) are not allowed; and neither are partially used larger containers.
- Only one one-quart plastic bag is allowed per passenger, and the contents of the bag must fit comfortably inside.
- You can carry on electronic cigarettes, but smoking is prohibited on board.
- You can carry on liquids in excess of 3.4 oz. (100ml) bought from a duty-free shop if you're on an international flight into the U.S. with a connection. Container must be in a secure, tamper-evident bag (STEB).
Check the name on your ticket
The TSA requires that the name on your ticket matches the name on the government ID you show at airport security exactly.