Tickets are not transferable to any other party and must be used by the passenger whose name appears on the original ticket. For involuntary refunds, view our Contract of Carriage.
To refund paper tickets purchased through US Airways please return the ticket to any US Airways ticketing location or mail to: US Airways 4000 East Sky Harbor Blvd. Phoenix, AZ 85034 Attention: Passenger Refunds
- For refundable electronic tickets purchased through US Airways, contact US Airways.
- For tickets purchased with a travel agent (including online agencies such as Expedia, Travelocity, etc.), please contact the travel agent.
- Credit card refunds are made to the credit card used to purchase the original ticket.
- Fully refundable tickets: all taxes are fully refundable.
To make a change to a paper ticket, please go to the airport or contact your travel agent to make a change. If you have an electronic ticket, call Reservations or your travel agent to make a change. Domestic flight changes are subject to a $200 fee and transatlantic/transpacific flight changes are subject to a $250 - $450 fee, in addition to any difference in fare. Here are the rules:
- If a reservation is canceled on/before the ticketed departure date, the value of the ticket may be applied toward future travel up to one year from the original issue date. Travel on the new ticket must be completed within one year of the original date of issue.
- If any part of the ticket is unused after the ticketed departure date and the reservation has not been canceled, the ticket has no value.
- Once the value of a non-refundable ticket has been applied towards the purchase of a new ticket, the original ticket is considered valueless.
- Non-refundable tickets: all taxes are fully refundable (upon request), except the VAT for tickets sold within the U.S. and the following U.S. taxes (US; ZP; XF). YQ and YR are considered fuel surcharges, not taxes, and are non-refundable.
Refunds for seats, bags, upgrades and MoveUp
If US Airways changes or cancels your flight, changes equipment, causes you to miss a connection or you're denied boarding on an oversold flight and we're unable to provide your ChoiceSeats, checked bags, upgrade or move you up to an earlier flight, we'll refund your fees proactively. If you have already checked in (either online or at the airport), you should check with an agent at the airport or call 800-428-4322 to request a refund.
Lower fare guarantee
When a new lower fare becomes available after a ticket has been purchased, customers are entitled to a lower fare guarantee refund within the following guidelines. We will deduct a $200 change fee ($250 - 450 for international travel) and apply residual funds in the form of a US voucher. Additional rules and restrictions may apply. Call reservations for a lower fare guarantee.
- The lower fare is available for the exact itinerary previously purchased.
- No portion of the reservation has been flown.
- Lower Fare Guarantee refunds are not available for online ticket exchanges. Certain promotional fares may be excluded.
You’re allowed to cancel your US Airways ticket (refundable or non-refundable) for a full refund (and no change fees and/or difference in fare).
- Must call within 24 hours of purchase to cancel (and request a refund)
- Does not apply to Dividend Miles award tickets
24-hour refund rule
We allow you to 'move up' to any earlier flight within six hours of your originally scheduled departure (unless you're traveling to/from Hawaii, Europe, Israel and/or South America). You can only make day-of-departure changes at the airport. Changes to origin, destination or number of flight segments are not permitted.
We'll confirm your reservation for:
- $75 for flights within the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean and Canada.
If there is not an open seat on an earlier flight that departs within six hours of your originally scheduled departure, you may stand by for that flight at no charge. Standing by at no charge is not permitted if we can confirm that there is an open seat available for that flight. Seats on completely booked flights may become available if passengers with confirmed reservations don't show up for the flight. Unlike a confirmed reservation, flying standby does not guarantee that you will get on the particular flight that you want and may involve waiting for two or more flights before a seat is available to you.
Taxes and fees
Government taxes and fees are subject to change after purchase.
If you've lost your ticket, you must purchase an identical ticket for travel. Just fill out a lost ticket application, sign it and fax it to US Airways at 800-892-3447. A non-refundable fee of $150 will apply.
You can view or email an existing electronically ticketed reservation online at usairways.com. Go to 'Manage reservations' and enter your confirmation number. You can view each segment of your itinerary for up to two days after you fly.
For $20, you can obtain a copy of an electronic ticket receipt for a reservation that has already been flown by calling US Airways Reservations.
To request a copy of a paper ticket receipt, send a check or money order for $20 with your name, date and flight information, ticket number (if available) and address to:
Attention: Refund Fulfillment
4000 East Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Nondiscrimination and racial harassment
US Airways is committed to the policy of nondiscrimination and to taking positive steps to help ensure that all of its passengers are able to enjoy the advantages and privileges of air travel regardless of race.