Moving forward with you in mind
Say hello to oneworld
We’ve taken the next step in our merger with American Airlines by joining oneworld®, an award-winning global alliance that can take you to nearly 1,000 destinations around the world. You can now enjoy benefits of the oneworld alliance, including:
- Seamless service to more than 150 countries
- Earning and redeeming miles for travel on any oneworld member airline
- Access to nearly 600 airport lounges worldwide when you fly First or Business Class on any oneworld member airline, or if you are a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald member
- Reciprocal elite benefits including priority check-in, preferred or pre-reserved seats and more (benefits can vary by operating carrier)
- An easy and rewarding travel experience to Europe and more service between New York and London than any other airline partnership
- Convenient choices for travel from North America to the Middle East on oneworld member airline Qatar Airways, the only major Gulf carrier to be part of an airline alliance
- You can earn Dividend Miles on American flights and use Dividend Miles to book award travel on American.
- Seamlessly book American flights with US Airways through our codeshare agreement which gives you access to our expanded network of nearly 330 destinations around the world.
- Stay connected while you travel – Monthly traveler and daily Wi-Fi passes are now valid on both American Airlines and US Airways flights.
- Have extra time at the airport? Kick back and relax or plug in and get to work at US Airways Clubs and American Admirals Club lounges with reciprocal lounge access.
Your miles and Preferred status are safe
Whether you belong to the Dividend Miles or AAdvantage® program, your mileage balance and elite status are safe. Our goal is to deliver valuable benefits to you across our two loyalty programs as we work to combine our operations, systems, workforces and fleets.
Loyalty and lounges
We’re giving our Dividend Miles members even more opportunities to make the most of their travel. While the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs will remain separate for now, you can earn and redeem miles for travel on both airlines. And US Airways Club members will enjoy access to more airport clubs and lounges around the globe.
As of March 30, 2014, we have exited the Star Alliance network. We’ve joined the oneworld® alliance, which offers new opportunities to access the best destinations around the globe.
We’re excited to elevate your travel experience by offering more choices through our expanded global network. Together, we’ll bring you fuel-efficient planes, new technology and a more comfortable experience.
Each airline will follow its current policies on standby travel, pets, preferred seating and some ticketing policies for some time.
To provide a more consistent customer experience when flying American Airlines and US Airways, we have also aligned select loyalty program and baggage policies, effective for tickets issued on American Airlines flights on or after April 8, 2014 and for tickets issued on US Airways flights on/after April 23, 2014.
Cities we serve
Through the oneworld alliance, the new American Airlines extends its network to nearly 1,000 destinations in more than 150 countries. US Airways has also joined American in our enhanced relationship with oneworld members British Airways, Finnair and Iberia. Together, we offer you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond.
More choices, more destinations
It’s even easier to seamlessly book flights on American through our codeshare agreement, which lets us sell seats on each other’s flights.
We now sell flights operated by American, so you can enjoy travel to:
- North America, South America and Europe through American’s hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York JFK, Chicago O’Hare and Miami
Some new travel options to look forward to in the coming months include:
- South America with service throughout Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and Venezuela
- Asia with service to Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong
Before you travel:
- Confirm which airline is operating your flight
- Check for gate and terminal information (many US Airways and American gates are located in different terminals)