Through our merger, we’re now able to offer you convenient schedule options, a modern fleet and access to more destinations around the globe.
During the second quarter of 2015, Dividend Miles members will become members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® loyalty program. If you're a member of both programs, you now have the opportunity to let us know so we can bring your Dividend Miles activity into your AAdvantage account when we combine programs in the second quarter of this year.
We’ve rolled out these enhanced benefits:
- Earn and redeem miles on American or US Airways, with all eligible travel on either airline counting toward elite-status qualification
- Enjoy reciprocal elite status benefits if you're Preferred, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags, priority security and boarding, and upgrades on the day of departure when available
- Access more than 50 Admirals Clubs across our combined network
- Connect to an expanded network through our codeshare with American, which allows us to sell seats on each other's flights
- Enjoy more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond through the oneworld® alliance
- Stay connected while you fly with Monthly Traveler and Daily Wi-Fi passes, valid on both airlines
Be sure to check out 'Find your way' before you head to the airport. You'll find policy information for both airlines and terminal and gate information for many of our airports.
Loyalty and lounges
We’re excited to elevate your travel experience by offering more choices through our expanded global network. Together, we’ll bring you fuel-efficient planes, new technology and a more comfortable experience.
Each airline will follow its current policies on standby travel, pets, preferred seating and some ticketing policies for some time.
To provide a more consistent customer experience when flying American Airlines and US Airways, we have also aligned select loyalty program and baggage policies including checked baggage fees and exemptions.
Cities we serve
Through the oneworld alliance, American Airlines serves nearly 1,000 destinations in more than 150 countries. US Airways has also joined American in our enhanced relationship with oneworld members British Airways, Finnair and Iberia. Together, we offer you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond.
More choices, more destinations
It’s even easier to seamlessly book flights on American through our codeshare agreement, which lets us sell seats on each other’s flights.
We now sell flights operated by American, so you can enjoy travel to:
- North America, South America and Europe through American’s hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York JFK, Chicago O’Hare and Miami
Some new travel options to look forward to in the coming months include:
- South America with service throughout Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and Venezuela
- Asia with service to Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong
Before you travel:
- Confirm which airline is operating your flight
- Check for gate and terminal information (many US Airways and American gates are located in different terminals)