Moving forward with you in mind
More destinations through codeshare
One of the biggest benefits of our merger with American Airlines is our expanded network, which can take you to nearly 330 destinations around the world. Now we’re making it even easier for you to seamlessly book flights on American through a codeshare agreement, which lets you book American flights with US Airways.
All domestic and most international flights operated by American are for sale through US Airways for travel across our combined network.
- As of January 7, 2014, you can earn Dividend Miles on American flights and use Dividend Miles to book award travel on American.
- Stay connected while you travel – Monthly traveler and daily Wi-Fi passes are now valid on both American Airlines and US Airways flights.
- Have extra time at the airport? Kick back and relax or plug in and get to work at US Airways Clubs and American Admirals Club lounges with reciprocal lounge access.
Your miles and Preferred status are safe
Whether you belong to the Dividend Miles or AAdvantage® program, your mileage balance and elite status are safe. Our goal is to deliver valuable benefits to you across our two loyalty programs as we work to combine our operations, systems, workforces and fleets.
Loyalty and lounges
We’re giving our Dividend Miles members even more opportunities to make the most of their travel. While the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs will remain separate for now, you can earn and redeem miles for travel on both airlines. And US Airways Club members will enjoy access to more airport clubs and lounges around the globe.
We’re excited to elevate your travel experience by offering more choices through our expanded global network. Together, we’ll bring you fuel-efficient planes, new technology and a more comfortable experience.
Each airline will follow its current policies on baggage fees, standby travel, pets, preferred seating, and some ticketing policies for some time.
Cities we serve
With nearly 6,700 daily flights to more than 330 destinations in more than 50 countries worldwide, the new American Airlines will offer flights to more destinations and worldwide connectivity through the oneworld alliance.
More choices, more destinations
It’s even easier to seamlessly book flights on American through our codeshare agreement, which lets us sell seats on each other’s flights.
We now sell flights operated by American, so you can enjoy travel to:
- North America, South America and Europe through American’s hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York JFK, Chicago O’Hare and Miami
Some new travel options to look forward to in the coming months include:
- South America with service throughout Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and Venezuela
- Asia with service to Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong
Before you travel:
- Confirm which airline is operating your flight
- Check for gate and terminal information (many US Airways and American gates are located in different terminals)