The Dividend Miles Preferred program helps make your travel experience more comfortable and rewarding. Plus, if you're Preferred, now enjoy many elite benefits when you fly on American Airlines.
Preferred benefits charts
Preferred members can upgrade on American Airlines operated flights within/between the U.S. (including Hawaii) and Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda and Central America.
- If an upgrade is available, you'll see the option to add it when you check in with American – on aa.com, at the kiosk or with an agent at the airport or Admirals Club.
- For the best chance of being upgraded, we recommend that you're the only passenger in your reservation.
- If we aren't able to upgrade you in check-in on aa.com or at a kiosk, we aren't able to add you to the standby list, so be sure to check back for upgrades often.
- Chairman's Preferred members receive complimentary upgrades – as AAdvantage Executive Platinum members do today.
- Dividend Miles Platinum, Gold and Silver Preferred members can upgrade for $30 per 500 miles of travel – as AAdvantage Platinum and Gold members do today.
Above and Beyond employee recognition program
The Above and Beyond program is your opportunity to help us recognize those employees you feel have gone out of their way to help you.
1 Chairman's members receive 4 one-way e-Certificates for travel to/from Europe, Hawaii, South America and the Middle East (2 for each member, 2 for companions). An additional premium tax may apply upon exiting some transatlantic destinations. Terms and conditions apply.
2 If you have a US Airways ticket, you get priority standby on US Airways operated flights only. If you have an American Airlines ticket, you get priority standby on other American operated flights only.
3 For Silver Preferred members, Main Cabin Extra is 50% off for advance reservations or free at check-in.
4 Preferred upgrades at check-in on American-operated flights within/between the U.S. (including Hawaii) and Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda and Central America. Upgrades are complimentary for Chairman's Preferred members. Gold, Platinum and Silver Preferred members may upgrade for $30 per 500 miles of travel.