Combining our loyalty programs in 2015
In the second quarter of 2015, we’ll reach the next milestone on our path to integration by bringing the Dividend Miles program into the American Airlines AAdvantage® program, creating one of the largest airline loyalty programs in the world.
- If you have AAdvantage and Dividend Miles accounts, we’ll combine your award mileage, million mile balances and elite-qualifying activity from both programs.
- Don’t have an AAdvantage account? We’ll create an AAdvantage account for you and will automatically transfer your existing balances from your Dividend Miles account.
We'll continue to maintain our separate programs – Dividend Miles and AAdvantage – but with added perks for each other's members. Rest assured, your mileage balance and elite status are safe, secure and will continue to be honored.
Earning and redeeming miles on American
You can earn Dividend Miles on American flights. Plus, earn Preferred-qualifying miles and segments on eligible American flights, which will count toward elite status in the Dividend Miles program.
How to earn
- Be sure to include your Dividend Miles number in your reservation when you book.
- Just like when you travel on US Airways, all purchased, published fare tickets on American earn 100% base miles.
- Until we integrate our loyalty programs, elite qualifying miles and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to qualify for elite status.
How to redeem
- Check the oneworld award chart to see how many miles you need to reach your desired destination.
- Book award travel on American with your Dividend Miles on usairways.com or call 800-428-4322.
- Miles cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to redeem flight awards.
How to receive credit for past flights on American
You can request credit for American Airlines flights you already took. All requests must be made within 6 months of the date you completed travel.
- To make a request, log in to your Dividend Miles account and click 'request missing miles.'
- Wait at least 10 days after travel on American before you request missing miles.
- You can also call the Dividend Miles Service Center at 800-428-4322 to request miles.
Preferred member benefits
When you fly on American, you will enjoy many elite benefits:
- Preferred status bonus miles for eligible flight activity (25% for Silver, 50% for Gold, 75% for Platinum, 100% for Chairman's)
- Minimum mileage guarantee for flights less than 500 miles in length
- First and Business Class check-in
- Upgrades on American (when available)
- Priority through security checkpoints
- Priority boarding
- Complimentary checked baggage allowance
- Complimentary access to Preferred seats
- Same-day standby
- Priority baggage delivery for Gold, Platinum and Chairman’s Preferred members
- Complimentary snack and drink in the Main Cabin for Chairman’s Preferred members
While we work to integrate the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs, Preferred members may be able to upgrade on flights operated by American. Different rules apply depending on who's operating your flight.
Are you an AAdvantage elite status member?