What does the merger with American Airlines mean to Dividend Miles members?
For now, we'll continue to maintain our separate programs – Dividend Miles and AAdvantage® – but with added perks for each other's members. Rest assured, your mileage balance and elite status are safe, secure and will continue to be honored.
In addition to current benefits, you can now earn and redeem miles when you fly on American-operated flights. Plus, Preferred members will receive select, elite benefits when you fly on American.
It’s now even easier to seamlessly book flights on American through a codeshare agreement, which allows each airline to sell seats on flights operated by the other carrier. All domestic and most international flights operated by American are for sale through US Airways for travel across our combined network.
You can continue to book your flight and manage your Dividend Miles account on usairways.com.
Earning and redeeming miles
You can earn Dividend Miles on American flights. Plus, earn Preferred-qualifying miles and segments on eligible American flights, which will count toward elite status in the Dividend Miles program.
How to earn
- Be sure to include your Dividend Miles number in your reservation when you book.
- Just like when you travel on US Airways, all purchased, published fare tickets on American earn 100% base miles.
- You can add your Dividend Miles number to any existing reservations with American for travel on or after January 7, 2014 at aa.com or at the airport.
- Until we integrate our loyalty programs, elite qualifying miles and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to qualify for elite status.
How to redeem
- Check the American Airlines award chart to see how many miles you need to reach your desired destination.
- Book award travel on American with your Dividend Miles on usairways.com or call 800-428-4322.
- Miles cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to redeem flight awards.
How to receive credit for past flights on American
You can request credit for American Airlines flights you took on or after January 7, 2014. All requests must be made within 6 months of the date you completed travel.
- To make a request, log in to your Dividend Miles account and click 'request missing miles.'
- Wait at least 14 days after travel on American before you request missing miles.
- You can also call the Dividend Miles Service Center at 800-428-4322 to request miles.