We’re adding color for a cause
Join in our second annual BE PINK campaign, a partnership with the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer program.
This year, an estimated 232,340 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. BE PINK takes a stand against cancer by urging everyone to get active and take action.
US Airways employees explain what it means to BE PINK during October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Check out all the ways we’re showing our BE PINK pride:
- Employees are sporting pink uniform items. A portion of the sales from these items will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- We're participating in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks across the nation.
- All of our hubs will celebrate BE PINK day on October 15, 2013. If you’re traveling through Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix, or Washington, D.C. be sure to find us.
- A portion of our inflight sales of Stirrings Cosmopolitans will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, as well.
- Pink lemonade is available in flight and in US Airways Clubs.
- See if you can spot our pink tugs. There’s one in Phoenix, Charlotte and Philadelphia.
There are plenty of ways that you can BE PINK with US:
• Flight attendants are accepting donations to Making Strides in flight.
• Upload your BE PINK photos to Facebook or Twitter and use #bepink2013.
- Volunteer with the American Cancer Society
- Donate to cancer research
- Educate yourself and others on how to reduce the risk of cancer