US Airways has completed programming that allows Sabre travel agencies to be the first to gain access to ChoiceSeats through their GDS.
As a Sabre travel agent, you can now offer your customers ChoiceSeats through your GDS. ChoiceSeats allow your customers to board (with Zone 2) and be among the first to leave when they land. With ChoiceSeats, you can reserve the seat your customers want, mostly window and aisle seats toward the front of Coach. Your customers will find the same leg room as other seats but will be closer to the front of the plane.
High level features
- ChoiceSeats information in Air Extras Shopping and Pricing
- Dynamic display of ChoiceSeats fees in both classic and graphical seat map
- ChoiceSeats bookings made from the seat map with standard seat sell format
- Utilization of XML rather than teletype for ChoiceSeats booking
- Update of ChoiceSeats booking in the Air Extras field in the PNR
- Utilizes standard Air Extras fulfillment entry to purchase ChoiceSeats via direct fulfillment
- ChoiceSeats purchase confirmation number updates AE field
- Display of ChoiceSeats purchase information on passenger itinerary/invoice
For additional information
Visit the Sabre Air Extras page in Sabre's Agency eServices for information on Air Extras and ChoiceSeats. You'll find what you need to know to reserve/purchase ChoiceSeats. Learning tools include a Quick Reference Guide, presentations and FAQs. Information on Air Extras and ChoiceSeats may also be found in Sabre's Format Finder. Additionally, refer back to the Sabre Advance Notification (SAN) number 7101 for the Direct Fulfillment of Air Extras and SAN number 7105 for ChoiceSeats.
If you are a Sabre travel agent with questions about ChoiceSeats, please call 866-334-7551.