Our Lower Fare Guarantee allows a customer to receive any difference in fare, minus the change fee, in the form of an MCO through their travel agent if a lower fare is available and the following requirements are met:
- There is no change to the itinerary (i.e. origin, destination, stopovers, flights, dates).
- No portion of the itinerary has been flown.
- The itinerary meets all rules of the lower fare at the time of reissue.
Failure to follow the Lower Fare Guarantee policy rules could result in a debit memo, so please read carefully.
- Any difference in fare, minus the change fee, must be placed on a non-refundable MCO. No refund to the original form of payment is permitted on non-refundable tickets.
- MCO must be made payable to US Airways for transportation only and show 'non-refundable, valid US only' in the endorsement box. MCO can only be used on US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle flights.
- MCO can only be used for the purchase of one new ticket on US Airways. Once the ticket is issued it is good for up to one year from the original date of issue. No residual value will be offered upon reissue of the MCO.