Tickets are not transferable and must be used by the passenger whose name appears on the original ticket.
- For refundable electronic tickets purchased through US Airways, call Reservations.
- For tickets purchased with a travel agent (including online agencies such as Expedia, Travelocity, etc.), please contact the travel agent.
- Credit card refunds are made to the credit card used to purchase the original ticket.
- Fully refundable tickets: all taxes are fully refundable.
Change/cancel: $150 - $300 (per passenger)
$150 per passenger
$200 per passenger
Travel within the U.S., Canada, Central America, the Caribbean and Hawaii
$250 per passenger
Travel to/from Europe and the Middle East
$300 per passenger
Travel to/from Brazil
Here are the rules:
- If a reservation is cancelled on/before the ticketed departure date, the value of the ticket may be applied toward future travel up to one year from the original issue date. Travel on the new ticket must be completed within one year of the original date of issue.
- If any part of the ticket is unused after the ticketed departure date and the reservation has not been cancelled, the ticket has no value.
- Once the value of a non-refundable ticket has been applied towards the purchase of a new ticket, the original ticket is considered valueless.
- Non-refundable tickets: All taxes are fully refundable (upon request). However, if you request a tax refund, you will lose any remaining value of your ticket. The VAT for tickets sold within the U.S. and U.S. taxes US, ZP, XF are non-refundable; YQ and YR are considered surcharges, not taxes, and are also non-refundable.
Travel agents can refund non-refundable tickets in the GDS if a flight is cancelled, delayed and causes a mis-connect or if US Airways issues a weather advisory and authorizes a refund. (In most cases, a weather advisory only allows for an itinerary change).
Add an OSI to the PNR noting the flight irregularity, flight number and date.
Refunds for seats, bags, upgrades and MoveUp
If US Airways changes or cancels your flight, changes equipment, causes you to miss a connection or you're denied boarding on an oversold flight and we're unable to provide your ChoiceSeats, checked bags, upgrade or move to an earlier flight, we'll refund your fees proactively. If you have already checked in (either online or at the airport), you should check with an agent at the airport or call 800-428-4322 to request a refund.
Lower fare guarantee
When a new lower fare becomes available after a ticket has been purchased, customers are entitled to a lower fare guarantee refund within the following guidelines. We will deduct a change fee and apply residual funds in the form of a US voucher. Additional rules and restrictions may apply. Call reservations for a lower fare guarantee.
- The lower fare is available for the exact itinerary previously purchased.
- No portion of the reservation has been flown.
- Lower fare guarantee refunds are not available for online ticket exchanges. Certain promotional fares may be excluded.
24-hour refund rule
You're allowed to cancel your US Airways ticket (refundable or non-refundable) for a full refund (and no change fees and/or difference in fare).
- Must call 800-428-4322 within 24 hours of purchase to cancel and (request a refund)
- Does not apply to Dividend Miles award tickets
- Only for tickets booked on usairways.com or with US Airways reservations
Learn how to move up to an earlier flight.
If you've lost your ticket, you must purchase an identical ticket for travel. Just fill out a lost ticket application, sign it and fax it to US Airways at 800-892-3447. A non-refundable fee will apply.
US Airways only issues paper tickets on usairways.com for itineraries that are not e-ticket eligible. A $50 paper-ticketing fee applies. Requests to convert existing e-tickets to paper tickets will also incur the $50 fee.
To buy a paper ticket, visit any US Airways airport ticket counter, call Reservations or call your travel agent. Paper ticket requests that require express courier shipping will incur an additional $15 fee.
To refund paper tickets purchased through US Airways please return the ticket to any US Airways ticketing location or mail to:
4000 East Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Attention: Passenger refunds
You can view or email an existing electronically ticketed reservation online. Go to 'Manage reservations' and enter your confirmation number. You can view each segment of your itinerary for up to two days after you fly.
For $20, you can obtain a copy of an electronic ticket receipt for a reservation that has already been flown by calling Reservations.
To request a copy of a paper ticket receipt, send a check or money order for $20 with your name, date and flight information, ticket number (if available) and address to:
Attention: Refund Fulfillment
4000 East Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Nondiscrimination and racial harrassment policy
US Airways is committed to the policy of nondiscrimination and to taking positive steps to help ensure that all of its passengers are able to enjoy the advantages and privileges of air travel regardless of race.
For questions or help, please call 800-428-4322.