For travel agents only
US Airways is offering travel options for customers who wish to make a voluntary itinerary change because their flight plans may be impacted by the current travel advisory.
Customers ticketed to travel to/from/through airports listed on the current Travel Advisory may change their plans when traveling on:
- US Airways flights
- US Airways Express
- American Airlines (AA) flights or US*/AA codeshare operated by American Airlines
- British Airways (BA) flights or US*/BA codeshare operated by British Airways
- Iberia (IB) flights or US*/IB codeshare flights operated by Iberia
- Finnair (AY) flights or US*/AY codeshare flights operated by Finnair
Travel agency must enter the applicable waiver code in the tour code box for the Travel Notice Exception Policy to ensure that the ticket is issued correctly and a debit memo is not issued. You do not have to call Reservations for a waiver code to change a ticket when a travel advisory has been published on our website. When US Airways issues a travel advisory on usairways.com, you may rebook travel for your customers traveling on Prime/US*(Codeshare)/AA Prime/ flights to and from affected cities on affected dates. Just be sure to follow our guidelines:
- Waiver Code (located on the Travel Advisories page, see below): TNADV1 – same cabin; original ticketed inventory, or TNADV2 – same cabin; lowest inventory.
- OSI Field: Indicate the Event Name- Month/Year
- 2nd OSI Field: CART/EP# (if applicable)
- A one-time-only change is allowed.
- Review our current travel advisory for flexibility on beginning travel. When changes to the outbound travel occur the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original ticketed inventory.
- All fare rules apply with the exception of the following: Advance Purchase requirement, Minimum/Maximum Stay requirement and Change Fees are waived.
- To rebook travel with a change to origin or destination cities, the customer may apply the value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket. The booking code must be available to qualify for the fare. Any increase in fare applies. Standard change fee, advance reservation and ticketing requirements are waived. All other fare rules apply.
- Refunds do not apply unless the flight is cancelled.
- Flight Cancellation Refund – Waiver Code: TNADVR (waiver code box on the IAR/Refund detail screen)
- Future Travel Rebooking Options – Customers who need to reschedule their reservation for travel after the allowed new travel dates for the specific event travel, must rebook and reissue the new ticket within the new travel dates of the specific event. May be subject to any additional fare for their new itinerary, however, the change fee will be waived. Waiver Code: TNADVE (indicated in the Tour Code/IT Box)
Follow all fare rules and list any applicable endorsements on the tickets when processing the original sale and any subsequent exchanges. Failure to apply the proper endorsements may result in a debit memo.
Example fare rule that requires endorsements:
FB UX28NY RULE 4084 TARIFF DFR CAT 18 REQUIRES 'THE ORIG AND REISSUED TKT MUST BE ANNOTATED STNDBY/CHG FEE/NO RFND//CXL BY FLT DT IN THE ENDORSEMENT BOX'